Saturday, February 16, 2008

chicks weekend.

I can't believe how fast these 2 weeks have flown by! Last weekend I spent 4 days at a "girlfriends retreat" in Spokane. I have 3 of the dearest friends from college, Kristina, Margie, and Elly. Go NPU Vikings! We all used to be on the North Park dance team together. (Okay, just kidding) We get together about once every couple of years and pick up right where we left off. We spent 4 days of sitting and talking, sitting and talking, sitting and talking. These girls are such a blessing in my life! We discuss things WAY TOO IN DEPTH, get stomach workouts from all the laughing & Kristina even treated us to massages (I mean she paid :)). Oh I feel refreshed! :) Two accomplishments for the weekend: talked a lot and got out of the house to go to TJ Maxx. We accomplished both! Here's to being forty-something.... (well, not quite, but awfully close!)

6 comments:

Nikki said...

It's great to get an update from you, Gretchen...I'm always checking!
Sounds like your time with friends was wonderful...I love it when you can just talk and LAUGH till it hurts!

Beckyb said...

What a fun weekend - sounds wonderful!! Friends like that are few and far between! You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Did we really sit for 8 hours at a time and gab? I loved all of it. Great memories... hopefully they will tie me over until the next big bash in Mexico... Love you, girl. xo e

Pam said...

That sounds like you had a great time. It is always nice to get together with girl friends.

Steffie B. said...

Good for you girl....all Mom's need a little time away to be refreshed!

Kristi said...

I am finally joining the blogger scene regularly and have enjoyed all the pictures of your crew! Ladies weekend sounds great. Glad you got some "self time in as life stays so busy! KristiHend

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!